Professional Installation vs. Do It Yourself
Before you decide to install an electronic system yourself consider these factors:
- Are you aware of all the codes and standards that govern how your system is installed and operated?
- Are you aware of all of the options and features of the equipment you plan to install?
- Have you considered the value of your time to learn about and install the system in calculating the cost of your do it yourself installation?
- Is the equipment you have access to at retail outlets of equal quality to the professional grade equipment?
- Do you own all the tools you will need to install, test and calibrate the equipment you plan to use?
- Will your insurance policies cover you if you are injured or do damage to your property during the installation?
- Does the company you bought the equipment from provide sufficient help in the event something goes wrong during the installation?